The Enrichment programme at Menorah is a themed mini course typically of three sessions.
For more information contact
Jews and the Left: the long divorce?
with Clive Gilbert
Thursdays 8 March, 15 March, 22 March 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm
Why did the Left attract Jewish political support for such a long time, and why did it all go wrong?
Thursday 8 March. Session 1: The Attraction Click here to register
– The Enlightenment and the French Revolution. A new political agenda and the emergence of the Jews from the Ghetto.
– The hostility of the Right. Romantic Medievalism v Liberalism
Thursday 15 March: Session 2: The Courtship and the Marriage Click here to register
– Eastern Europe and the development of a Jewish working class
– Marxism and the Russian Revolution
– Anti-Fascism, war and the Holocaust
Thursday 22 March: Session 3: The Estrangement Click here to register
– Zionism and European rejection
– Soviet ‘betrayal’
– ‘Imperialism and Colonialism’ and the reality of Israel
– Jews vote like everybody else
Click here to register. For more information, please email